Wednesday 7 April 2010

Just quickly

My "workhorse" is a

Genesis Bikes Skyline

It's a lovely thing, bought in 2008 by the looks of things. So, in that time, in order,

1) Both front and rear Continental Ultra Race Folding 700x 25c tyres blew. Exploded. The front at 25mph, tearing an inch long hole in the inner tube. Not comforting. Both within 250 miles of having the bike. I now have Spesh Armadillos. Almost bombproof
2) Rear wheel. Winter 2008/2009 I hit a pothole, broke a spoke on the rear wheel. Seems the (unused) freehub was mounted cross-threaded, so that got fixed on warrantee (but the rebuild cost me £25.
3) Rear mudguard is held together with duck tape after the rivets came out
4) finally (I hope) the saddle clamp failed.

Let's hope the rest of it stays in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment